2022 Economics & Politics Workshop
The 5th Economics and Politics Workshop will be held in Lille 12-13 December.
This year, it is organized by LEM (University of Lille),
with the support of Centre Emile Bernheim Dulbea (ULB) and LIEPP (Sciences Po Paris).
The workshop’s aim is to bring together scholars from economics and politics interested in interdisciplinary work on public policy, political economy and public choice. We welcome theoretical as well as empirical papers by both economists and political scientists. The workshop is intended for the presentation of work-in-progress that can benefit from discussion. The selection of papers will be based on their quality and the overall coherence of the program.
There are no parallel sessions. Participation in the workshop is subject to participation in all sessions. To facilitate and improve discussions, time devoted to presentation and discussion will be equivalent. For each paper, at least one discussant will be designated. There is no conference fee. Young scholars can apply for a scholarship. To support young researchers (up to two years after PhD), the organizers may cover travel expenditures and accommodation for up to four researchers (max 500 euros each). Please, indicate whether you apply for these scholarships in your submission and where you would travel from.
Those interested in discussing a paper or willing to take part to the event should contact the local organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extended abstract or paper submission: until September 15th
- Notification of acceptance: October 1st
- Sending of the paper/draft: December 1st
- Quentin David (LEM, Lille University)
- Abel François (LEM, Lille University)
- Emiliano Grossman (CEE and LIEPP, Sciences Po Paris)
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon (Centre Emile Bernheim, Université libre de Bruxelles)
- Sophie Panel (CESICE, Sciences Po Grenoble)
- Ilan Tojerow (DULBEA, Université libre de Bruxelles)
Local committee: Quentin David (LEM, Lille University) and Abel François (LEM, Lille University)
To submit, please fill this google form
- Thanks to high-speed railway network, Lille is only one hour from Paris or International Paris Airport – CDG (direct line), 35 minutes from Bruxelles and 80 minutes from London. It is connects to other major cities in France such as Marseille, Lyon and Strasbourg.
- The campus (called Cité Scientifique) where the workshop will stand is located 20 minutes from the Lille Railway stations (both Flandres and Europe) with automatic subway.
- The workshop will begin Monday 12th morning and will finish Tuesday 13th afternoon.
- There is a planned social dinner Monday evening.
- For accomodation purpose, here is the Lille tourism website
- We provide the coffee breaks and the two lunches.
Contact : email@example.com
The 5th Workshop Economics & Politics is supported by
University of Lille